|This article contains spoilers!|
Gale Forest is a forest located next to Cheshma Town. This area is home to plenty of Pokémon belonging to the Bug or Poison types. To retrieve the player's stolen necklace, he or she must venture deep into this forest. It is the place where player first fights Team Eclipse.
2017 Halloween Event
As part of the 2017 Halloween Event, Pikachu in this area was replaced by a disguised Pokémon overnight. When encountered, it still appeared as Pikachu at first, but it instantly started acting strangely, revealing that it was actually Mimikyu! The event lasted from 13th to 31st October, 2017.
Note: Rarity levels are estimations according to this scale and might be subject to changes due to different encounter assessment results, unless supported by official encounter rates, which are listed in red under the rarity level if known. If there are any Pokémon with low catch rates, the possibility to flee or requirement of gaining happiness to evolve, recommended Poké Balls for that Pokémon will be shown with the corresponding bag sprite under the Pokémon's name.
|Grass Patches||Tall Grass||Lv. 3-6|
|Nidoran||Uncommon||None||Male: 1 Atk|
|None||1 Sp. Def|
|Click on the Pokémon names to check their learnsets on Bulbapedia. All Pokémon follow their movesets in Pokémon Sun and Moon. Hover on the item sprites to check the exact chance of being held by the Wild Pokémon. All information above only applies to the Normal Adventure Mode.|
|Trainer: Student Spencer Reward: $192|
Available for rematches
|Hoothoot||Lv. 6||Keen Eye||None||66||1 HP|
|Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Foresight, Hypnosis|
|Trainer: Bug Catcher Ricky Reward: $144|
|Kakuna||Lv. 6||Shed Skin||None||92||2 Def|
|Metapod||Lv. 6||Shed Skin||None||92||2 Def|
|Trainer: Camper Steve Reward: $168|
Available for rematches
|Nidoran♂||Lv. 7||Poison Point||None||82||1 Atk|
|Attacks: Leer, Peck, Focus Energy|
|Trainer: Picnicker Lucy Reward: $168|
|Nidoran♀||Lv. 7||Poison Point||None||82||1 HP|
|Attacks: Growl, Scratch, Tail Whip|
|Trainer: Eclipse Member Linda Reward: $280, Retrieves Bronze Brick necklace|
|Poochyena||Lv. 7||Run Away||None||66||1 Atk|
|Attacks: Tackle, Howl, Sand Attack|
|Pancham||Lv. 9||Iron Fist||None||135||1 Atk|
|Attacks: Leer, Tackle, Arm Thrust|
|Some of the rewards, Pokémon Levels and EXP Points in the above matches have been modified during certain updates. Please check the trivia section for details. All information above only applies to the Normal Adventure Mode.|
|Antidote||Turn left at the entrance, opposite to Student Spencer.|
|In the grass patch beside Picnicker Lucy.|
|There was no change to the above items between any of the updates.|
- The appearance of Mimikyu here in 2017 Halloween Event marked the first Alola Pokémon encounter appearing on the main island of Roria.
- Pikachu can be found in this forest. This is a reference to Viridian Forest, Kanto, where Pikachu can be encountered at a low rate.
- The background music in Gale Forest was based on Santalune Forest, Kalos from the core series game Pokémon X and Y. It was replaced by Kyle Allen Music's original composition later on.
- Gale Forest provides the second most diverse Wild Pokémon selection in a single encounter method, with 10 different species available in the tall grass, tying with Route 8. Only Roria Safari Zone has a wider selection than this area.
- Before the Anthian City update, Eclipse Member Linda's Poochyena and Pancham were 2 levels lower, giving 47 and 105 EXP Points respectively.