Gene Lab is a hidden area locked behind a door in the power plant of Eclipse Base, requiring the Key Card to access. The Lab can be accessed after defeating Eclipse Grunt Hugh, unlocking all the security doors by pressing the green button in the security room and getting the Card Key found in the drawer in the Eclipse Boss Office.
Earlier while going through the Eclipse Base in the power plant, the player runs into a door which cannot be accessed, with a Grunt replying it is probably a storage closet, but it turns out that he is severely mistaken. Opening all security doors unlocks the Eclipse Boss Office, where the Card Key is hidden in a drawer with a vaguely familiar necklace next to it.
Heading back to the power plant, the player unlocks the door to which has a hidden lab, looking like Team Eclipse has been trying to reproduce a powerful Pokémon known as Genesect from a time long ago. Some hard drives are stashed on a desk, while the Pokémon appears to be dormant and connected to some tubing by the back, but becomes active when the player interacts with it. When encountering Genesect, the player only has one chance, so save beforehand and turn off Autosave. As Genesect is a Bug-type Pokémon, Net Balls sold in Poké Ball Emporium have heightened effectiveness and are strongly recommended to be used on it.
Warning: Players can only battle the following Pokémon once! Save beforehand and turn off Autosave.
|Genesect||Lv. 50||One Only||None||1 Atk|
1 Sp. Atk
|If attempts of catching the above Pokémon failed, immediately leave the game and rejoin without saving, in order to secure a second chance.
Click on the Pokémon names to check their learnsets on Bulbapedia. All Pokémon above follow their movesets in Pokémon Sun and Moon. Hover on the item sprites to check the exact chance of being held by the Set Encounter Pokémon.
|Burn Drive||On the right desk to the front.|
|There was no change to the above items between any of the updates.|
- Finding Genesect is similar to finding another Mythical Pokémon held captive in Secret Lab, albeit that Pokémon goes roaming, while Genesect remains stationary.
- The Drives on the lab table can be collected and put on Genesect to change the type of Genesect's Signature move Techno Blast, which can be taught by the Move Reminder in Colosseum Marketplace.
- The Gene Lab references P2 Laboratory, Unova, where a scientist's experiment was rejected by his King due to his belief that a Pokémon is not pure if remodelled.
- This "King" was referenced by a necklace found in the drawer with the key card shaped like a yellow Rubik's Cube with black center cubes.
- The location for the Lab is also similar, correlating on an island, as well as being a place that an evil organization resides on.