Lagoona Lake is the only lake on the main island of Roria, located between Routes 7 and 8. It has settlements on the shore, featuring a Day Care, Pokémon Centre, a hoverboard park and a laboratory for reviving fossils and underwater mining. Southwest monsoon induces continuous rainstorm, such that all battles here start with rain by default, and the Day Care Folks built glass roofs to shelter the town from erosion.
The Lagoona Research Laboratory is located in the center of Lagoona Lake and shaped like a hemisphere. It is the place for underwater mining and fossil revival. To go underwater, talk to the blonde female scientist in the centre and use an UMV Battery to activate the Underwater Mining Vessel inside, which will bring the player to the Lagoona Trenches. If the player has run out of batteries, he or she will have to buy more with Robux from that scientist in the following packs:
|Amount of batteries||Selling price (Robux)||Price per battery||Discount|
|3||11||Approximately 3.67||Appr. 27% off|
UMV Batteries can also be won at Hobo's Lucky Lotto in Anthian City - Shopping District. Meanwhile, the machine at far back is for reviving fossils. Talk to the male scientist next to that machine, and if the player has Fossils or Fossilized Eggs in his or her bag, he or she can choose the Fossil or Fossilized Egg required, and that scientist will put it into the machine. Within seconds, it will be revived to the corresponding Pokémon.
- Main article: Lagoona Day Care
The Pokémon Day Care is a house where Trainers can leave their Pokémon while adventuring. After leaving Pokémon at the Day Care, a trainer can then retrieve their Pokémon later on, along with an EXP increase, level up and new moves if applicable. As in core series games, Day Care will not evolve Pokémon, even if the Pokémon has reached the level of evolution. The Day Care is also crucial for breeding, as if 2 Pokémon of opposite gender are deposited and both are in the same Egg Group, the player gets an egg after a short while. Legendary and Mythical Pokémon cannot breed, other than the event Pokémon Manaphy and Phione.
There is also a lady that has received 2 eggs from the Day Care and claims that she cannot raise both eggs, so she offers the player to choose either the white or black egg. The white egg is Zangoose and black egg is Seviper.
The Fisherman House is the only normal house in Lagoona Lake. It is opposite to the exit leading to Route 8. The fisherman inside of the house will give players an Old Rod for fishing if they talk to him.
Hover Park is the latest addition to Lagoona Lake, located at the end of a passage between the Pokémon Day Care and the Pokémon Centre. Players can perform new manoeuvres and tricks with their new hoverboards acquired in Hero's Hoverboards. TM31 Brick Break is also located on an elevated platform that requires a hoverboard to jump onto it.
Note: Rarity levels are estimations according to this scale and might be subject to changes due to different encounter assessment results.
|Fishing||Old Rod||Lv. 10|
|Fishing||Good Rod||Lv. 20|
|Click on the Pokémon names to check their learnsets on Bulbapedia. All Pokémon follow their movesets in Pokémon Sun and Moon. Hover on the item sprites to check the exact chance of being held by the Wild Pokémon. All information above only applies to the Normal Adventure Mode.|
|UMV Battery||Purchase in Lagoona Lake Lab.|
|Mystic Water||Between 2 trees diagonally opposite to the fisherman house.|
|Old Rod||Given by a fisherman inside a house in front of the lake. Turn right after going down a staircase near the exit to Route 8.|
|On an elevated platform in Hover Park.|
|Requires HM3 Surf|
|Northeastern section, behind a line of trees after landing from Surf.|
|Some of the items have been added during certain updates, or are event-only. Please check the corresponding section for details.|
- A resident mentioned that Lagoona Lake has frequent downpours and that the Day Care Folks built the glass roof to protect the town from erosion induced by the rainfall.
- From Version 0.17 Crescent Island update on 20th January, 2018 onwards, all battles on Lagoona Lake become naturally rainy. This allows Sliggoo to evolve into Goodra once it reaches Lv. 50 or above here.
- Lagoona Lake was formed millions of years ago by a meteor. As a result, there are many fossils and minerals, along with some Evolutionary Stones.
- The name "Lagoona" may possibly be based on of one of the battle arenas in side series game Pokémon Battle Revolution: the Lagoon Colosseum.
- The background music was based on Dewford Town, Hoenn from the core series game Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. It has been changed to original soundtrack from Kyle Allen Music from the Free Access Update onwards.
- Lagoona Lake was one of the locations for the portal connecting Shadow Void to open overnight during the 2017 Halloween Event. HM3 Surf was needed in order to reach the portal.
- The Hover Park is most likely a convenient open space near Lagoona Day Care for players to hatch eggs easily while also enjoying their time at the park.